Complement your studies with a genuinely international internship! The European Parliament Liaison Office in Washington DC invites recent graduates with the right to work in the United States to apply for a full-time, paid internship. What better place to monitor transnational politics in action, to see global players in international affairs addressing global challenges across a range of policy areas, and to witness the interplay between decision-makers in the US and lawmakers from the European Union? Interns will work from March 1st through May 31, with a possible two-month extension until July 31. Interns are working mostly in the office, but are allowed one telework day per week.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is December 10, 2021.
- Work with staffers on specific policy areas or a broader range of transatlantic policy issues;
- Participate in events and meetings with major interlocutors on Capitol Hill, executive agencies, think-tanks, and NGOs;
- Analyze legislation and policy discussions relevant to the transatlantic EU-US relationship;
- Prepare working papers, memos, and research papers for Members of the European Parliament and staffers at our headquarters;
- Assist the preparation and management of visits to the US by Members of the European Parliament and senior staffers;
- Support our head of outreach, with event management, content, and multimedia products;
- Help maintain and develop our database of contacts.
- US citizens and others with the right to work in the US.
- University graduates. Candidates need to have completed studies at least at the undergraduate level and must be able to provide an undergraduate or postgraduate diploma/official transcript at least one month before the beginning of the internship.
- Candidates must be available for a full-time internship. We regret it is not possible to accommodate part-time arrangements.
- Candidates who have previously gained two consecutive months or more work experience (including internships) at any European Union institution are not eligible.
For more information and to apply, click here.