The International Institute for Strategic Studies – Americas is seeking two undergraduate interns to work up to 20 hours per week to support the activities of its office in Washington, DC, for Spring 2022. The exact start and end dates are flexible with a preference for early January through early/mid-May. Interns will be paid at $15.20 per hour for up to 20 hours per week. Applicants must reside in the DC metro area at the time of the internship.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is November 1, 2021.
- Database management;
- Assist with Congressional and federal government outreach and external relations, especially regarding IISS membership;
- Assist with IISS-Americas events such as the Ambassadors’ Forum Series; including floor management for monthly in-person events
- Assist with daily administrative and operational tasks. Those with previous office experience are preferred;
- Assist with ad-hoc research and data collection
- Be at least a college sophomore in good standing studying security studies, international relations, or a related field. Recent college graduates will be considered;
- Be proactive and a self-starter able to work in a small team environment;
- Be able to work independently;
- Be eligible to work in the US. IISS-Americas regrets that it cannot assist with procuring visas or entry permits. Please include your work eligibility in your application
For more information and to apply, click here.