The City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office of International Affairs (MOIA) was established to create and maintain working relationships with the consular and diplomatic corps, bi-national chambers of commerce, international trade offices, organizations, and businesses. They are seeking applicants for their spring 2022 international affairs and marketing internship. The candidate will have the opportunity to learn and grow, working across the MOIA team to support its full range of efforts, with a particular focus on social media marketing, research, diplomatic engagement, programming, and other administrative duties. This internship will operate on a completely remote basis unless otherwise notified, and interns will be asked to work 15-20 hours per week. There may be some in-person events at which attendance is required. The internship is unpaid, but students may be eligible for course credit as determined by their academic departments.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. (Early applications are encouraged.)
- With the support and guidance of the supervisor, help develop a diplomatic, protocol, and/or education-related materials and programs.
- Assist with writing and editing content, including research memos and briefs, remarks, newsletters, website, reports, and other collateral, as needed.
- Conduct research as requested by a team member on a variety of topics including, country profiles, sports diplomacy activities, education, industry profiles, local/regional reports, etc.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and image content for social media and marketing collateral.
- Collaborate with team to provide input on creative marketing strategies, social media campaigns, and tools for our marketing and communications.
- Monitor social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
- Assist in logistical support for meetings, including but not limited to preparing distribution materials and helping with registration, note-taking, and advertising, under the supervisor’s direct supervision.
- Track daily news reports and headlines that are relevant to the department.
- Attend relevant meetings and take notes to be shared with the team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Firm grasp of social media platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram, and scheduling tools (I.e. Hootsuite)
- Experience with graphic design, website management, and email marketing software (i.e. Canva, Wix, Adobe InDesign, and Photoshop highly desired)
- High attention to detail.
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and strong research ability.
- Preference for students who demonstrate fluency in a second language.
For more information, click here.
To apply, click here.