The Institute for the Study of War is seeking applicants for their Spring 2022 internship program. Interns at ISW have an unparalleled opportunity to analyze conflicts in ways that directly inform policymakers on some of the most pressing issues facing American national security. ISW is a leading source of innovative analysis and intelligence on global conflicts that threaten American national security. Interns will assist analysts and receive hands-on training. This is a full-time internship (five days per week), but part-time work will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Remote and in-person options are available.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
- Candidates must be motivated and organized college students or recent graduates with demonstrated expertise in a related field;
- Candidates must possess excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills;
- Candidates should preferably possess strong critical language capabilities in Arabic, Russian, Mandarin, Turkish, Kurdish, Dari, Pashto, or Farsi; or a programming language such as Python;
- Candidates must display the ability to conduct complex tasks in a timely and efficient manner;
- Candidates should be self-motivated, independent, creative, and capable of working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- Candidates must show commitment to—and interest in—the core mission and values of ISW.
For more information and to apply, click here.