Matador Security Company, Inc is seeking a full-time Intelligence Specialist Intern to join its team in Wichita, KS. As an Intelligence Specialist Intern, you will be responsible for collecting, analyzing, and disseminating intelligence on travel risks, emerging security threats, trends, and events that could impact personnel, assets, information, and reputation. Areas of analysis will include but are not limited to, crime, political, social, cultural, environmental, and economic factors.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Research, collect and analyze open-source information to produce actionable security intelligence products for decision-makers
- Populate, exploit, and maintain intelligence/threat databases to proactively identify emerging security threats and/or trends
- Utilize critical thinking and analytical tools and techniques to develop objective and accurate assessments and forecasts on a variety of security-related topics
- Provide objective assessments of emerging security threats, trends, and events and effectively discern and convey potential impacts to the business
- Assess and communicate real-time analytic judgments regarding specific threats and intelligence gaps
- Conduct real-time monitoring of specific events for potential threats or other security disruptions using social media monitoring platforms, news aggregators, and other available sources
- Research, develop, and maintain open-source collection tools and techniques
- Proactively monitor a variety of open sources (social media, news media, etc.) to maintain general situational awareness in an effort to identify/forecast potential security issues
- Respond in a timely manner to requests for intelligence support
- Assist with investigations as requested
- Assist with covert detection of behaviors associated with threats as requested
- Work with fellow analysts and other internal business units to facilitate information sharing and collaboration
- Experience with collection and analysis for the private sector, law enforcement, and/or federal government
- 2+ years of experience performing open-source research
- Experience using social media monitoring platforms
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Ability to provide an analytic writing sample(s) upon request
- Bachelor’s Degree
For more information and to apply, click here.