The Stimson Center’s Nuclear Security Program seeks an intern for the Spring of 2022 to join a team dedicated to reducing nuclear terrorism threats. This internship provides an opportunity to work as part of an intimate team, meet experts in nuclear policy, attend events, and engage in independent research. Please note that this internship will be 100% remote and online.
The deadline to apply is November 8, 2021.
- Research, write, proofread and copy-edit program publications
- Track news developments in issues area and flag key information
- Provide support for meetings, press conferences, seminars, and other special events
- Take notes and summarize findings from meetings and assess applicability to project work
- Identify and evaluate ways in which the project can better utilize technical resources for outreach and information gathering
- Attend virtual events and briefings related to nuclear security
- Provide programmatic and administrative support
- Draft written correspondence and documents including but not limited to issue briefs, press releases, analytical pieces, and articles for the web.
- Full-time availability (approx. 40 hours per week) required
- Strong candidates for this position will have the following qualifications:
- Interest in nuclear policy, including nuclear terrorism, nuclear materials, and weapon security, emerging technologies, and intersectionality in the nuclear field
- Strong research and analysis skills, including writing and editing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively independently, without supervision, and as part of a team
- Interest in working with a small team, with the opportunity to shadow colleagues and have one-on-one meetings.
- Undergraduate and/or graduate students are encouraged to apply
For more information and to apply, click here.