Recorded Future is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Threat Intelligence Research Intern to join the Threat Research team this winter to help with a data breaches research project. In this role, you will work with the Intelligence Services team while reporting to our SVP of Global Intelligence. An ideal candidate will have a strong interest in cybersecurity and risk & policies. Interns will be asked to work 20 hours a week beginning in January through June 2022.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
- Research years of data breaches where public loss information is accessible (financial reporting, S1s, news reporting, etc.)
- Create a spreadsheet and a taxonomy to populate financial loss types (regulatory penalties, operational outages, credit monitoring, etc.) by industry and geography tied to cyber events
- Attempt to determine initial causation for each cyber event
- Review national/regional governance/compliance frameworks and identify commonalities for punitive actions
- Identify loss trends and present the research to the IntServ team at the end of the term
- Studying Cybersecurity, Government/International affairs, Geopolitics, and related fields
- Strong interest in risk and policy
- Previous research experience
- Attention to detail and thorough
- Able to work autonomously
For more information and to apply, click here.