Shuffield Co. is a boutique public affairs firm, located in Miami, FL, that sits at the nexus of public relations and government relations across a range of highly regulated industries and nonprofit organizations. The firm is currently seeking an intern to learn from and add value to the team. The ideal candidate should be career-driven, passionate about problem-solving, display a clear understanding of journalism and/or communications, possess a strong work ethic and fit comfortably in entrepreneurial environments. The intern will assist in the development of public affairs strategies for clients in the following industries: foreign policy, media/tech, private equity, fintech, energy, and infrastructure.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Research: Assist the team in conducting research about prospective clients in order to successfully prepare the scope of work; identify new media and thought leader sources to engage on various issues
- Media pitching: Pitch media for news-making events and/or announcements; assist in the press/news release dissemination process
- Media monitoring: Weekly media monitoring of clients and industry-specific issues through Meltwater and/or Cision; stay up-to-date on current events and be proactive on putting forth ideas that may help better achieve clients’ goals; draft monthly client media coverage reports
- Light administration tasks and principal management
- Manage and update thought leader and media databases
- Read and summarize contracts, legal complaints, documents, and legislative text
- Assist in drafting monthly activity reports for clients
- Draft written materials, sometimes requiring minimal graphics or design
- Major in Political Science or International Affairs, Journalism, Public Relations, or a communications-focused area of study is required
- Must have advanced writing skills; knowledge of AP style preferred and accuracy is a must
- Must be available to work in the Miami office, a minimum of three days per week
- Should have well-developed self-discipline and resilience skills
- Must have strong listening skills and demonstrate attention to detail
- Must have strong organizational skills and be proactive in taking initiative
- Knowledge of Meltwater and Cision is a plus
- Must be resourceful and demonstrate the ability to think on his/her feet
- Spanish language proficiency is preferred
- Should have general knowledge of social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
- Should have an interest in international affairs; an interest in Latin America is helpful
For more information and to apply, click here.