The Global Governance, Justice & Security program contributes timely knowledge products to an intergovernmental and multi-stakeholder conversation to produce meaningful changes in the international system. It builds directly on major milestones achieved by the Albright-Gambari Commission on Global Security, Justice & Governance 2014-2016 and Stimson’s Just Security 2020 Program 2016-2020, in addition to closely collaborating with the Coalition for the UN, We Need, Together First, and Alliance for Multilateralism. Spring internships typically begin in January and run through May, and are unpaid. This full-time position will be operating out of Stimson’s Washington, DC office.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is November 15, 2021.
- Research, writing, analysis, and editing of program publications.
- Coordination of program events, including support for high-level policy dialogues with public leaders, United Nations ambassadors, and senior policymakers.
- Briefings and summary notes on related events.
- Programmatic and administrative support.
This internship is more suited for graduate students but strong applications from undergraduate students will also be considered.
- Interest in the United Nations, peacekeeping and peacebuilding, climate governance, economic globalization, cyber-security, and multidisciplinary approaches to security and justice challenges.
- Strong research and analysis skills, including writing and editing.
- Proactivity and excellent attention to detail.
- Full-time availability preferred.
For more information and to apply, click here.