The Stimson Center’s Defense Strategy and Planning Program seeks a highly motivated upper-level undergraduate or graduate student to assist with research and programmatic support for the Stimson Center’s Defense Strategy and Planning program. The intern will contribute primarily to research and analysis on defense and security issues involving the United States, China, and Russia, as well as the intersection of diplomacy and defense strategy.
The deadline to apply is November 8, 2021.
- Conduct case research in support of project objectives;
- Summarize findings from relevant literature;
- Assist project staff with proofreading, editing, research, and related tasks;
- Assist project staff with media outreach, including mailings and information requests.
- Strong interest in defense and strategic issues, particularly deterrence, coercive diplomacy, and arms control;
- Desired: Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese or Russian
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative social science research methods;
- Demonstrated analytical, research, and writing skills;
- The ability to work efficiently and independently while showing initiative;
- A record of academic excellence.
For more information and to apply, click here.