The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars is looking for qualified students (advanced undergraduate or graduate) interested in being part-time research assistant interns in the Spring 2022 semester. Most scholars who come to the Wilson Center spend their time carrying out research, writing books, and making public presentations. Research assistant interns have the unique opportunity to work directly with these experts, as they examine issues of contemporary public policy or explore topics that provide the historical context behind today’s pressing policy debates. An intern typically works 12-15 hours a week per scholar (the number of hours can be adjusted accordingly to fulfill academic requirements).
The priority deadline is 5 pm October 22, 2021. Applications will be accepted after this deadline only until the position is filled.
- Must be one of the following:
- A current undergraduate student in their 3rd or 4th year
- A recent graduate (within one calendar year)
- Accepted to or a current student of an advanced degree program
- International students studying in the US are eligible, but they must hold a vail F-1 or J-1 visa and the appropriate work authorization. All international students must obtain written permission from their Designated School Official or Responsible Officer for visas at their university stating that they are in valid immigration status and eligible to do an internship at the Center. The Wilson Center does not sponsor visas.
- The following reading and writing foreign language skills are useful and applicants should indicate their level of proficiency on the application form:
- Mandarin Chinese
For more information and to apply, click here.