Global Ties U.S. Overview
Global Ties U.S. powers individuals, communities, and nations to build trust and to advance peace and prosperity through international exchange. A nonprofit partner of the U.S. Department of State, we support a Network of 120+ nonprofit organizations representing all 50 U.S. states and more than 20 countries. As international exchange and public diplomacy professionals, members of the Global Ties Network provide the domestic infrastructure for U.S. public diplomacy efforts, and implement a wide variety of educational, cultural, and professional exchange programs, including the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP), our country’s foundational international exchange program.
Internships at Global Ties U.S.
Our intern positions are for current students at all levels and institutions. Successful applicants are expected to take on a significant role with the organization during their time. Throughout the internship, Global Ties U.S. provides supplemental learning opportunities and skills that can be used in multiple employment settings.
- Interns are expected to commit a minimum of 24 hours per week and take on a significant role within the organization.
- Internships can be either in-person or virtual.
- Interns receive a $3,000 stipend distributed in two payments: half at the mid-point of the internship and half at the end.
- Global Ties U.S. will work with students to arrange academic credit and meet other program requirements, as needed.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Please note: Global Ties U.S. is unable to assist non-U.S. citizens with obtaining visas.
Global Ties U.S. has six internship positions and applications are accepted year-round. We are now accepting applications for spring and summer 2023.