This spring the Mayor’s Office of International Affairs is looking to hire an intern with the following skills.
Job Description: The Office of International Affairs is tasked with planning, organizing, and managing global initiatives, events, and relationships for the City of Atlanta and the Mayor’s Office. This includes representing the City of Atlanta and/or the Mayor at events, corresponding with and hosting foreign delegations, promoting foreign direct investment from other countries and helping City of Atlanta companies export their goods and services – all in an effort to raise the global profile of Atlanta. The international affairs intern will support the Office of International Affairs staff by completing the following duties and tasks:
• Administrative duties: answering calls and emails, booking meeting rooms, organizing schedules for staff,
editing documents, wrapping ceremonial gifts, updating the website
• International Market Research on companies, countries and business sectors
• Website and social media design and content management
• Graphic design of infographics and other marketing materials
• Preparing and filing documentation with City Hall, Sister Cities and the Consular Corps
• Recruiting and cold-calling companies for COA events and trade missions
• Assist staff with ongoing international projects and initiatives
• Attend globally-focused events throughout the city, often outside normal working hours
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent writing skills
• Professional presence and great telephone demeanor
• Excellent research skills
• The ideal candidate will have global experience through study abroad, living abroad or other type of international connection
• Fluency in a foreign language (Asian languages preferred).
• Graduate Student
• Asian language skills: Mandarin, Korean or Japanese
• Graphic design skills: High level proficiency in Dreamweaver or other graphic design software
• Contacts or network with Asian country or region
• Ability to work non-traditional work hours
• This in an unpaid, for-credit internship. Candidate must be currently enrolled at the time of the
internship. We will complete the necessary steps for you to receive academic credit.
• Work availability for 30+ hours per week; 12 weeks. Preference given to those who can work 40 hours.
• Ability to start in January (or sooner)
How to Apply: Email your resume and a 3-page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “OIA Internship” in the subject line by October 17, 2014. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.