The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is seeking applicants for their Operations Assistant internship position. Interns will work 40 hours a week under the direction of USA for IOM Head of operation, and directly under the Operations Assistant. The program will run from January 15 through July 31, 2022, and interns must be available to work between the hours of 9 am and 5:30 pm.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is November 30, 2021.
- Produce content for a range of different channels including website, blog, social media, newsletters, and direct-to-donor communications to raise awareness for IOM’s global operations and priorities and inform a broad audience about migration issues- with a focus on Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Tailor IOM-aligned messaging to different relevant external audiences including corporate partners, philanthropists, and the general American public.
- Assist the USA for IOM Communications team in planning and implementing a comprehensive informational and marketing strategy to raise awareness of the USA for IOM projects. In particular, the socio-economic integration of migrants in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Monitor engagement and impact of different communications products on various media channels to inform both the short- and long-term communications strategy of USA for IOM.
- Quickly create content to disseminate accurate, non-biased and non-partisan information regarding global crises and IOM operations with the objective of quickly mobilizing funding
- Participate in relevant meetings, workshops, conferences, and public events, and draft presentations, relevant notes for files, meeting minutes, action points, etc.
- Attend internal and external meetings as delegated by the USA for IOM Head of Operations for learning and development purposes.
- Provide routine administrative and logistical backstopping support to different project components as required.
- Perform other such duties as may be assigned.
- US Citizen
- Possess a bachelor’s or masters degree in a related field
- Familiarity with migration, and how it relates to other thematic issues, such as climate change, poverty, and conflict, human trafficking, and vulnerable populations.
- Familiarity with the migratory context of Latin America, and the situation of Venezuelan migrants is preferable.
- Strong writing skills, with experience presenting institutional content for a general audience;
- Desire to tell impactful stories and experience creative content creation.
- Familiarity with content created with the objective of raising funds and for social causes.
- Experience planning and implementing a communications calendar.
- Time management, ability to meet quick deadlines, manage and strategize messaging via multiple channels simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively both on his/her own and within a team of varied cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Experience in MS Suite, Adobe, Canva, and Survey Monkey, familiarity with Every Action is desirable.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new design and publication tools as necessary
Please send a Cover Letter and a Resume to IOMDCVN@iom.int by 30 November 2021, indicating in the subject line “INTUS10-2021-05: USA for IOM Internship Application – (Last name, First Name)” [please also submit your CV saved with your last and first name, for ease of reference].
To view the full job listing, click here.