Wilton Park, an executive agency of the UK Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office, is seeking applicants for their 6-month internship vacancy. Interns will work with teams across the organization to support the following objectives: help to identify, develop, and deliver policy discussions in support of the UK’s strategic foreign policy objectives. The salary for this post is £20,200 or $27,406.45, and as mentioned before, this program will run for 6-months, with a 3-month probationary period. Interns will work a full 37 net hours per week.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is October 18, 2021.
- Working with the policy and policy delivery team, to provide event-specific policy support to ensure effective development and delivery of events in the UK and overseas
- Researching potential program topics, identification of potential speakers and participants relating to Wilton Park’s priority themes
- Using our key information management system to log contact details, produce reports and general databasing tasks
- Monitoring and evaluation support eg supporting on impact evidence collection, analyzing conference questionnaires
- Providing support to event teams including invitations, collating responses, and support with logistical arrangements
- Providing support during events and meetings, eg with facilitation technology and organising breakout groups
- Graduate with relevant degree and a demonstrable interest in international relations and/or global affairs
- Ability to problem solve, research topics and information gather to successfully inform own work
- Demonstrate strong people and organisational skills; and the willingness and ability to cope in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Ability to demonstrate a collaborative work style and willingness to take on different roles
- Ability to work at pace and effectively time-manage, and maintain accuracy and attention to detail
For more information and to apply, click here.