“Location: Arlington, VA
Employment Status: Full-time
SRI International creates world-changing solutions to make people safer, healthier, and more productive. SRI, a research center headquartered in Menlo Park, California, works primarily in advanced technology and systems, biosciences, computing, and education. SRI brings its innovations to the marketplace through technology licensing, spin-off ventures and new product solutions.
SRI’s Center for Innovation Strategy and Policy (CISP), helps organizations, regions, and countries achieve long-term economic and social impact through effective investments in science, technology, and innovation. The intern will support a team of experienced professionals who conduct research, analysis, program evaluation, and strategic planning for private and public sector clients around the world.
Our team works with our partners and clients to do the following:
- Advance Innovation in Government
- Transition Technology to Market
- Evaluate Complex Programs
- Build Innovation Systems
An intern will work across these multiple areas in a variety of ways, including:
- Conduct research and analyses
- Attend and take notes during client meetings and project-related site visits and interviews
- Synthesize notes and other material into sections of reports
- Helping to organize professional meetings
- Collate information into databases
- Perform data cleaning
This is a minimum 40 hours per week paid position for a minimum of 2 months, with the possibility for extension based on project workload and availability. The intern will work at SRI’s Arlington, VA, office.
- Current bachelor’s (preferably going into junior or senior year), or master’s level student in public policy or other policy-oriented field in the social sciences
- Interest in working in a mission-oriented non-profit organization focused on creating social impact
- Must possess good people skills, a desire to learn, and the ability to communicate clearly, including strong writing skills.
- Knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Experience with database applications (e.g., Filemaker, Access) and basic programming and data
- Visualization skills”
More information can be found at their website’s internship job description.