CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. They work to create local solutions to poverty and inequality and seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE is seeking an intern for the summer semester to support the various efforts of the Global Advocacy team. This opportunity will is part-time and unpaid. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, this opportunity will function remotely in EST (based in Washington, D.C.).
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The selected candidate will:
- Draft mapping, memos, talking points, and briefs in support of their superior’s research
- Create a mapping of progress among external actors – such as, governments and donors, UN agencies, International NGOs, associations, and movements – who have expressed commitments to better resource women-led and women’s organizations and elevate their leadership in heading crisis-response around the world
- Support coordination, research, policy-formulation, and advocacy needs of the global advocacy priorities
- Compile emerging trends and opportunities research and mapping to support regional and country-level efforts
- Able to work independently
- Strong research and writing skills
- Familiarity and access to research databases
For more information and to apply, click here.