WarnerNews, leading media and entertainment company, is seeking an intern to work with CNN News Research and analysis team. The CNN R&A team’s daily tasks include regular reporting on regular reporting on cable news performance, as well as, forecasting CNN and HLN’s immediate and long-term position in the cable news environment to inform overall business and sales strategies. The team is integral in providing strategic and tactical insights to executive management and business leaders on digital analytics, media research, consumer insight, and the emerging technology landscape.
The program runs from June 7, 2021, to August 13, 2021, and interns must be available to work full-time for the entire duration. This opportunity is fully remote and CNN will provide a company-owned laptop for the experience. A salary will be provided based on location, relocations are not included.
Typical Duties Include:
- Develop a deep understanding of the television landscape and media research, and how they intersect.
- Collect, verify and summarize multiplatform television data across various sources, such as CNN linear TV data, VOD, SVOD (Hulu, Netflix).
- Monitor as run program schedules for Nielsen program submission.
- Assist with weekly cable news performance deck updates.
- Contribute to the development of a live programming tracking report.
- Help produce Original Series dashboard reports.
- Aid Research Analysts in the production of daily and regular reporting needs for the CNN brand (including HLN) as well as competitive networks.
- Learn how to extract and analyze industry data using Nielsen research software applications (Ex: Nielsen NPower, Arianna, Star Media, etc.).
- Assist team with ongoing projects, data visualizations, client presentations (in Excel, PowerPoint), and help maintain relationships with outside 3rd party research vendors.
- Enrolled in a college degree program for the duration of the internship
- This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Intermediate Excel skills strongly preferred:
- Knowledge in/experience with PivotTables and essential Excel analysis formulas (including IF, VLOOKUP, COUNT, SUMIF) to increase interactivity and automating of spreadsheets.
- Understanding of Excel formatting including conditional cell & number formatting.
- Experience in effectively & clearly presenting analytical findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Independent self-starter with the ability to master new software (some one-on-one training on Nielsen software will be provided by supervisor/team).
- Curiosity to explore data, driven to understand the “why”, and a passion to draw connections.
- Solid math skills and must be comfortable with numbers and data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid problem-solving skills, and astute attention to detail.
For more information and to apply, click here.