The Architect of the Capitol (AOC) is seeking multiple communications and congressional aid interns. The opportunity will provide interns with firsthand experience and enrichment in the public service field. The Aide performs a variety of duties under close supervision. The incumbent will assist the CCR team with formal and informal writing and editing assignments, support content development on intranet pages for agency jurisdictions, aid in the creation of agency-wide communications materials and help with the legislative efforts of the team. The incumbent will also answer the phone, take messages, direct callers to appropriate staff, and perform other duties as assigned. The opportunity will provide an hourly pay of $15 and interns are expected to work full time.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is April 19, 2021.
- Applicants must be:
- U.S. Citizens
- Able to pass a drug test.
- A college student who is at least sixteen (16) years of age by June 30, 2021
- Currently attending college or university
- Pursuing college degrees in Communications, Journalism, English, Public Administration, Political Science, or related field.
- The selectee(s) under the vacancy announcement for this position is subject to a criminal record check by the U.S. Capitol Police and satisfactory adjudication to be eligible for employment at the Architect of the Capitol.
For more information and to apply, click here.