The Center for Strategic and International Studies is a bipartisan non-profit organization dedicated to provided strategic and practical insights to promote more effective policymaking. CSIS focuses on promoting dynamic change to international security across the globe. CSIS is seeking a research intern for their Global Health Policy Internship. The Global Health Policy Center’s goal is to generate innovative health policy and provide analysis to bipartisan audiences. The research internship is a three-month position and the intern will work full-time. This internship is paid. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic, this opportunity will be operating remotely out of Washington, DC.
The deadline to apply is May 5, 2021, by 5 pm EST.
- Provide substantial research support to the Global Health Policy Center junior and senior staff, including drafting research briefs and memos on a variety of global health policy issues and contributing to the preparation of multimedia products.
- Provide on-call research to support preparation for meetings, events, publications, multimedia products, and research trips.
- Attend relevant global health events in Washington, D.C., and provide a summary to Global Health Policy Center staff.
- Consult a wide variety of news services and peer-reviewed journals and prepare memos to brief Global Health Policy Center staff.
- Must be a rising junior or senior undergraduate, recent graduate, or current or rising master’s candidate in public health, international relations, public policy/administration, biology, or global health-related field.
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of global health issues, particularly HIV/AIDS, health security, and immunization issues.
- Proficiency with the entire Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong English-language writing and research skills.
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Willingness to learn.
For more information and to apply, click here.