The Center for International Private Enterprise’s Global Programs Department works on thematic projects furthering CIPE’s mission, including topics such as the role of technology and the private sector in democracy, internet freedom, empowerment through digital economy, trust in business and governments, business association capacity building, and the impact of COVID-19 around the globe. The Global Programs intern will gain broad exposure to CIPE’s work in these and related themes. This is a paid internship. Interns are expected to start by June 1, 2021, and commit to a minimum of 25 hours per week. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, this opportunity will be operating remotely.
- Assist with short-term research and writing projects to support CIPE programs at the intersection of technology and democracy and the role of the private sector in democratic governance.
- Research and contribute original content to the CIPE Development Blog and other publications.
- Assist with creating and updating the content for CIPE website(s) and other online resources including graphics, social media, and videography.
- Assist with logistics for virtual CIPE events.
- Attend and report on virtual events thematically aligned with CIPE’s work.
- Experience conducting in-depth research with strong analytical and writing abilities.
- Undergraduate (junior standing or higher) or graduate students majoring in Political Science, Economics, or International Relations preferred, but others are encouraged to apply.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English a must; proficiency in a second language is a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in international issues related to democratic transitions and the role of market-oriented reform in economic and democratic development.
- Social media and communications experience preferred.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and virtually using sound judgment.
- Candidates should be enthusiastic about the role of private enterprise in international development with a desire to learn about current Global Programs projects in the aforementioned areas.
For more information and to apply, click here.