The Program for Research in Markets & Organizations (PRIMO) is a 10-week research opportunity for undergraduate students who wish to explore research topics ranging from business strategy to social media, and from innovation management to private equity. In addition to working on research, fellows will have the opportunity to attend seminars to enrich their experience. Topics such as business research resources, software programs, research ethics, poster presentations, and postgraduate career opportunities will be offered throughout the summer. Students will also have the opportunity to present their research findings in both small and large group settings. The tentative program dates for Summer 2021 are June 5, 2021, to August 14, 2021. If the program is offered in-person in the summer of 2021, PRIMO fellows will be offered Harvard campus housing, a partial board plan, and a modest research stipend. If the program is offered virtually, PRIMO fellows will receive a modest research stipend.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, February 18, 2021, at 11:59 pm EST.
The research areas available are:
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Business and Governement
- Performance Measurements and Outcomes
- Market Design
- Health Care
- Human Behavior and Decision Making
- Social Enterprise
- Technology and Innovation
Applicants must be:
- Undergraduate students who are rising sophomores and older and in good academic standing at an American institution
- Able to commit to all ten weeks of the program
- Those engaged in full-time employment or summer classes are not eligible to join PRIMO
A successful applicant will demonstrate:
- A strong dedication to developing or furthering academic interest and excellence in business research;
- The ability and desire to participate successfully and enthusiastically in a diverse community of scholars;
- An academic record demonstrating success in coursework that develops theoretical knowledge and/or practical application of academic principles in research;
- A commitment to participate and contribute for the full ten weeks of the Program. Individuals taking summer school courses, preparing for the summer graduate school entrance exam, or engaging in full-time public service projects are not eligible to participate in PRIMO.
For more information and to apply, click here.