The Democratic staff of the House Committee on Oversight and Reform is seeking energetic and self-motivated law students for full-time or part-time internships. The position offers current law students the opportunity to gain substantive experience on an exciting and fast-paced Committee while participating directly in the oversight process and learning about the day-to-day administrative operations of the House of Representatives. Hours can be flexible, but applicants willing to be in the office full time are preferred.
- Assisting Committee staff in
- Preparing for congressional hearings
- Conducting legal and factual research,
- Drafting memoranda, and attending various briefings and meetings with Executive-branch and private sector officials for the purpose of taking notes.
This opportunity is open to current law students.
Applicants should have
- An interest in public service
- A desire to learn
- Superior attention to detail
- Work well under pressure, be self-motivated
- Possess excellent written and oral
Interested applicants should apply to this position by emailing a cover letter and resume to OversightJobs@mail.house.gov with “Internship Application” in the subject line.
The office is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.