The House Judiciary Committee is seeking interns for the summer semester. The opportunity would allow for the student to experience the operation of a congressional committee firsthand and learn about the important role the House Judiciary Committee plays in the legislative process. The committee will be providing stipends to summer interns. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Committee is currently planning on having a remote internship for the summer of 2021. However, public health developments could necessitate the return of an in-person internship in Washington, D.C. Therefore, we ask that all applicants be available to intern in Washington, D.C. if it is safe to do so. Undergraduate, graduate, and law students are welcome to apply.
The deadline to apply is February 15, 2021.
Possible responsibilities include:
- Researching policy issues under the committee’s jurisdiction
- Conducting legal research
- Attending briefings and hearings on the Hill
- Drafting memos
- Supporting committee counsels
- Supporting committee clerks and professional staff members
- Providing administrative support, including answering calls, delivering correspondence, and setting up the hearing room.
For more information and to apply, click here.