The Inter-American Development Bank are devoted to improving lives. Since 1959, they have been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. They also partner with 48 member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. The department on Central America, Haiti, Mexico, Panama, and the Dominican Republic is looking for an active graduate student (Master or Ph.D.) or recently graduated (graduate-level program) in Economics/Public Policy to be hired as a Remote Summer Intern under Products and External Services Consultant (PEC) modality.
The deadline to apply is March 14, 2021.
- Support the implementation of regional initiatives and projects currently being executed in the Northern Triangle, Central America, and Mesoamerica.
- Prepare relevant technical notes/presentations
- Prepare briefings on regional issues
- Perform research and data collection on economic integration, economic and social development (infrastructure, tradem health, education), transparency and migration for the region.
- Active graduate student (Master or PhD. program) or recently graduated from a graduate-level program (maximum of 1 year after graduation date) in Economics or Public Policy in an accredited university.
- Minimum two years of experience working on issues related to Central America or integration initiatives in other regions is a plus.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English.
- Team player, inclusive, innovative, and creative, client-oriented, results-driven, with strong communication skills
- Macroeconomics, Stata; Tableau, Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, as well as Prezi and/or other software for audiovisual presentations.
- Be a national of an IDB member country.
- Be minimum 23 years of age as of the starting date of the remote summer internship.
- Be an active graduate student (Master or PhD. program) or recent graduate from a graduate-level program (maximum of 1 year after graduation date) in an accredited University.
- For active graduate students, submit academic transcripts as an attachment to the application, demonstrating a minimum of 50% of coursework completion and issued within the last 3 months.
- For recent graduates, submit a valid certificate with a graduation date no older than June 17, 2020, as an attachment to the application.
- Not be former staff member, Complementary Workforce (“CW”), contractors for the Corporation or the Bank or have previously provided services to the Corporation or the Bank through a contractor or under any other contractual modality.
- Not have family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB or IDB Invest.
- Have access to an Internet connection.
For more information and to apply, click here.