The International Institute for Strategic Studies is a leading authority on global security, political risk, and military conflict. It is headquartered in London with offices in Bahrain, Singapore, and the United States. The interns are expected to work in the Washington, DC office as we have implemented the CDC Guidelines to maintain healthy business operations. The IISS is seeking two undergraduate interns to work on a part-time basis to support the activities of its office in Washington DC in the summer of 2021. The exact start and end dates are flexible with a preference for late May/early June through early to mid-August. This is a paid opportunity with a salary of $15 per hour. Applicants must be available for 20 hours of work per week and live in the DC area for the duration of the internship.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is May 7, 2021.
Successful applicants can expect to gain direct exposure to the work and management of a leading international think tank. Specific duties include:
- Database management;
- Assist with congressional and federal government outreach and external relations, especially with IISS membership;
- Assist with IISS−Americas events such as the Ambassadors’ Forum Series;
- Assist with daily administrative and operational tasks. Those with previous office experience are preferred;
- Assist with ad-hoc research and data collection.
- Be at least a college sophomore in good standing studying security studies, international relations, or a related field. Only currently enrolled students will be considered;
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or the equivalent;
- Be proactive and a self-starter able to work in a small team environment;
- Be able to work independently;
- Be eligible to work in the US. IISS−Americas regrets that it cannot assist with procuring visas or entry permits. Please include your work eligibility in your application.
For more information and to apply, click here.