The International Institute for Strategic Studies is a leading authority on global security, political risk, and military conflict. It is headquartered in London with offices in Bahrain, Singapore, and the United States. The IISS is seeking a rising college senior, recent graduate, or graduate intern to work 35 hours per week at $15 per hour to support the Senior Adviser for Geo-Economics and Strategy in its Washington DC office in the summer of 2021. The exact start and end dates are flexible with a preference for late May through early to mid-August. The intern will be expected to work at least two days per week in the office as we have implemented the CDC Guidelines to maintain healthy business operations.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is May 7, 2021.
- Reconciling footnotes as the text is put in final form;
- Find footnotes for facts that need to be documented;
- Fact-checking of material in the text;
- Data searches;
- Assisting with the design and ‘populating’ charts and graphs;
- Searching for appropriate and relevant visuals for highlighting themes in the text;
- Helping to draft notes to contributors seeking clarifications of text material;
- Support other work of the BRI project and the Geo-economics and Strategy Programme as needed.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Be a rising college senior, recent graduate or graduate student studying political science, international relations, or other social science fields with a strong interest in world affairs;
- Possess strong independent research skills;
- Be proactive and a self-starter able to work effectively with others and in a small team environment;
- Be eligible to work in the US. IISS–Americas regrets that it cannot assist with procuring visas or entry permits. Please include your work eligibility in your application.
For more information and to apply, click here.