The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) internship program provides people studying towards a university degree or who have recently received a degree with the opportunity to gain practical work experience relevant to their studies or interests and exposes them to the work of the IAEA and the United Nations. The following webinar has accounts from past interns about their experiences as well as tips for applying from IAEA’s recruitment officer.
To access the webinar, click here.
The deadline to apply is February 14, 2021.
- Program/Project Management: Gain an overall understanding of the delivery of the TC program, the range and impact of activities carried out within the program through, inter alia, on-job-training in project design and planning, project implementation under the human resource components within selected TC activities, project monitoring, and evaluation, and project financial closure.
- Knowledge Management: Support the Programme Management Officer in the preparation of achievement reports for selected projects; gain hands-on experience in drafting “TC Web and Success Stories” in the region; training on related platforms used for managing projects in the TC cycle, i.e. PCMF and AIPS.
- Minimum of 20 years old
- Have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university
- Pursuing a degree in management, social science, science and technology, or international affairs
- Candidates may apply up to one year after the completion of a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate degree
- No prior participation in an IAEA internship program
- Good written and spoken English essential; fluency in any other IAEA official language preferred
- Experience in the compilation, processing, and reporting of information using databases
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), which is the IAEA’s standard
Both opportunities are set to function out of the IAEA headquarters in Vienna, Austria.
- The Division for Latin America and the Caribbean
- To apply through the IAEA website, click here.
- To apply via CareerBuzz, search for ID # 169168
- The Division for Asia and the Pacific
- To apply via CareerBuzz, search for ID # 169173
For general information on IAEA internships, click here.