The International Peace Institute is seeking applicants for a full-time paid internship as a part of IPI’s Women, Peace, and Security Program. The initial contract is for three months, but they would prefer if applicants would be available for up to six months. The start day will be mid-July 2021.
The deadline to apply is June 13, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to take the written assessment which will be scheduled for the week of June 21, 2021. Final interviews will be held virtually during the week of June 28, 2021.
- Identify, analyze and monitor political developments and trends in relations to women, peace, and security;
- Research and contribute to drafting analytical reports on issues related to women, peace, and security, including but not limited to women’s rights and roles in conflict prevention and resolution, peace operations, peacebuilding, and sustaining peace;
- Compile academic and policy sources, annotated bibliographies, and literature reviews;
- Assist with the substantive and technical preparation of meetings, workshops, and seminars;
- Interact with a broad range of international and regional actors working on these topics at the multilateral level;
- Provide support in the implementation of a large international survey;
- Support the social media processes for the program;
- Edit and review publications from the WPS team;
- Assist with tracking project progress and impact;
- Contribute WPS analysis to IPI’s policy blog, The Global Observatory; and
- Perform various administrative tasks in support of WPS programming.
- Graduate-level coursework in international affairs, political science, gender, or a related field, with a focus on issues related to gender/women’s rights and international peace and security;
- Knowledge of UN institutions and multilateral policy processes;
- Outstanding editing, research, analytical, and English writing skills;
- Fluency in English; proficiency in an additional official UN language is an added value;
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment, with demonstrated sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in ensuring the team meets goals and deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills; and
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and willingness to learn.
For more information and to apply, click here.