The Global Markets Office of China (GM China) in the International Trade Administration at the U.S. Department of Commerce is seeking four unpaid virtual full-time interns for this summer. Interns will have the opportunity to work with GM China staff from the Commerce Department headquarters in Washington, DC, as well as with Foreign Commercial Service employees based at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing and in U.S. Consulates throughout China (including Guangzhou, Shanghai, and Shenyang).
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is April 14, 2021, at 11:59 pm EST.
- Supporting the ITA on strategic projects to strengthen the competitiveness of U.S. industry and investments
- Researching and analyzing issues related to U.S.-China trade policy
- Participating in calls and virtual meetings with senior trade analysts
- Drafting briefing documents for ITA leadership
- Networking with current ITA interns and alumni
Ideal applicants should have:
- A strong interest in U.S.-China trade policy and promotion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An ability to work in a team setting
- Research experience
- Chinese language skills are welcome.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens
- Enrolled in an accredited U.S. college or university
- Living in the United States.
- Because these internships will be virtual, applicants will need to have a workspace, a personal computer with internet access, and a personal phone.
Any interested applicants are asked to please submit a resume and cover letter by email to Michael Schwab-Holler (Michael.Schwab-Holler@trade.gov) by 11:59 PM EST, Wednesday, April 14, 2021. Applications will be reviewed as they are received so submission before the deadline is encouraged.