Invariant, a bipartisan government relations and communications firm, seeks communications and public affairs interns for summer 2021. Invariant is dedicated to providing interns with substantive, rewarding assignments that match their interests that also enforce Invariant’s core values: collaboration, communication, accuracy, problem-solving, and innovation. Invariant also places a strong emphasis on helping interns develop a top-notch writing ability while providing an exciting work environment that prioritizes opportunities for mentorship and professional growth. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, this opportunity will be functioning remotely beginning in late May 2021. This opportunity has part-time and full-time opportunities, but those able to work full-time will be prioritized. Compensation will commiserate with individual experience.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
- Interns perform a range of duties, including media and social media monitoring, research, drafting memos, and creating social media content.
- Interns will have the opportunity to learn about strategic communications and public affairs in Washington, DC.
- Daily responsibilities will vary depending on the needs of the firm.
- Strong research and writing ability.
- High level of comfort with social media and other online platforms.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator, is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while managing competing priorities and deadlines.
- Established attention to detail and willingness to take initiative.
- Undergraduate and recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
For more information and to apply, click here.