THG Advisors, headquartered in Washington, DC, is a community-building consulting firm operating at the intersection of policy, science, and communications. THG specializes in regulatory intervention, the water-energy-land use nexus, and mobilizing capacity-building institutions in problem-solving. They are seeking a remote intern for the summer 2021 semester. This intern will be expected to work approximately 20 hours each week. The internship will commence June 1 and run through August 31, 2021, and there will be an option to extend the internship on a part-time basis through the remainder of the year. A monthly stipend will be paid.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is May 14, 2021.
- Research and development of white papers, case studies, and other informational documents on a range of environmental and community-building topics.
- Organization of executive-level stakeholder engagement forums and convening public-private leadership through webinars, roundtables, etc.
- Develop tools, slide decks, and templates for executive briefings policymakers, program managers, stakeholder groups, and other targeted audiences.
- Creation of routine marketing and communication materials (e.g., press releases, blogs, newsletter, flyers).
- Assist project managers with development of project plans, budgets, deliverable and milestone tracking.
- Graduate students in related fields (public affairs, marketing, communications, public policy) are preferred, with a demonstrated interest in the environmental/sustainability field. Applications from accomplished junior and senior undergraduates are welcomed.
- Strong research and technical writing skills.
- Prior experience with communications, public relations, and digital media.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task.
- Candidates must have a track record of strong academic achievement.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Summer Internship in the subject line.