Housed within the Mayor’s Office and reporting to the City’s Chief Operating Officer, the Office of Innovation and Performance is charged with driving meaningful progress and tangible results on the Administration’s top priorities, in partnership with City departments and external partners. The Office houses the Budget and Performance Team and the Special Projects and Innovation Team. The City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office of Innovation requests an intern for summer 2022 through the Youth Engagement Summer Internship Program. As an intern within Special Projects and Innovation, you will be working on short-term, high-impact projects focused on addressing the Mayor’s priority initiatives. Projects typically involve increasing the City of Atlanta’s fiscal stability by developing new revenue streams and cost-saving initiatives, improving business services, streamlining departmental operations, facilitating cross-departmental coordination, and policy development.
The deadline to apply is April 20, 2022.
- A current graduate student (completed at least one semester) with education or experience in public administration, political science, business strategy and administration, management information systems, or others. As part of a cover letter, students should explain how their education prepares them to work successfully on a municipal innovation team.
- Candidates should demonstrate:
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with an ability to anticipate challenges and develop solutions on deadline;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to lead transformations that involve multiple stakeholders, constituencies, and/or agencies;
- Enterprising, resourceful results-oriented approach to work;
- Ability to prioritize among competing needs and opportunities and manage multiple projects or work streams at the same time, and
- Ability to thoughtfully communicate with and respectfully engage diverse stakeholders around a shared vision for achieving results
For more information and to apply, click here.