The Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR) was established in 1999 to promote democratic debate on the most important economic and social issues that affect people’s lives. It is an independent, nonpartisan think tank based in Washington, DC. CEPR is committed to presenting issues in an accurate and understandable manner so that the public is better prepared to choose among the various policy options. CEPR is currently looking for an International Program Intern for Summer 2022. This is a full-time, remote position beginning in May 2022 (start and end dates are flexible). Interns will receive a monthly stipend of $2694.40, and up to $295.69 per month is available for health insurance plan costs.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is April 3, 2022.
- Assisting staff with research on upcoming papers and opinion pieces
- Working on outreach to press, advocacy organizations, and Congress
- Assisting in tracking, and logging press mentions
- Helping with data entry related to ongoing website redesigns
- Generating website content
- Organizing events with Latin American delegations, CEPR staff, and visiting academics
- Applicants must have a general understanding of economics, international relations, and democracy issues, and an interest in economic justice
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
- Excellent writing and communication skills are necessary
- Previous research, data, and/or outreach experience is extremely helpful
- Interns with strong economics or foreign policy experience (including Master’s degrees) will have the opportunity to engage in serious research, and those with strong organizing or outreach experience may have event management opportunities
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred
- Applicants affected by the issues that CEPR works on are especially encouraged to apply
For more information and to apply, click here.