The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision-makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe. The CSIS Americas Program seeks highly motivated candidates for up to three full-time, paid internships in a dynamic and fast-paced environment for Summer 2022, starting on/about May 30, 2022.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is April 22, 2022.
- Assisting with ongoing Americas Program research and projects as specified by the staff.
- Compiling research and data into literature reviews, summaries, backgrounders, and short publications to support the program’s research portfolio.
- Assisting in the preparation and execution of Americas Program virtual events.
- Copyediting Americas Program publications and drafting correspondence.
- Monitoring events in the Western Hemisphere.
- Disseminating news to our web following.
- Supporting communication activities.
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
- Be a rising senior or have already completed a B.A. in international relations, economics, political science, history, or Latin American studies. M.A. students or graduates are strongly preferred.
- Have a strong academic record with a demonstrated interest in Western Hemisphere affairs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Latin America.
- Excellent analytical and writing abilities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and able to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Fluency in Spanish is required; proficiency in Portuguese is a plus.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
For more information and to apply, click here.