The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision-makers in government, international institutions, the private sector, and civil society. CSIS seeks two full-time, paid research interns to support the Economics Program. The Economics Program’s mission is to illuminate the role of economics in foreign policy and national security and to offer practical economic policy ideas to enhance the U.S. and global prosperity and security. This internship will take place at the CSIS office in Washington, DC.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is April 1, 2022.
- Conduct research across a broad topical and geographic scope.
- Daily monitoring of foreign and economic policy developments in Asia and the activities of relevant economic institutions and forums, including the G20, G7, and APEC.
- Support ongoing projects on U.S.-China relations, U.S.-Japan relations, U.S. economic strategy toward Asia, and the intersection between technology policy and economic statecraft.
- Identify, attend, and take notes on virtual internal and external events relevant to the work of the Economics Program.
- Strong English-language writing and research skills
- Effective critical and creative thinking
- The ability to work well in a team
- Effective oral and written communication
- Effective time management
- Willingness to learn
- Practical and/or academic background in at least one of the following areas is desirable
- Political economy
- Economics and economic policy
- International relations
- International trade and/or finance
- Technology policy
For more information and to apply, click here.