The Global Communications and Media Relations department is looking for an intern to work with promoting Foreign Affairs web content, issue launches, events, and more. The intern will support the rapidly- evolving media landscape and ensure that Foreign Affairs materials reach their intended audience. All who are selected to participate in CFR’s Blavatnik Internship Program and Robina Franklin Williams Internship Program receive training in the field of foreign policy and international affairs as well as skills training in writing, research, program planning, and much more. This is a paid part-time internship, with a commitment of 14-18 hours per week. CFR’s summer internship program gives interns the opportunity to choose whether to work in our office in a hybrid capacity (half in the office, and half remote), or on an offsite fully remote basis.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Tracking press transitions and updating press lists in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Obtaining contact information for authors and their communications department from editorial and CRM for author media engagement
- Using media monitoring services to track Foreign Affairs mentions and compiling mentions
- Assisting with building tailored pitch lists for marquis pieces
- Maintaining internal process documents and tracking outreach efforts for weekly web content
- Undergraduate student majoring in communications, journalism, international relations, public relations, marketing, or related field
- Students should have completed the equivalent of four semesters of college coursework (not including AP classes in high school) by the time they begin an internship
- Previous experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and interest in news and journalism and marketing/ communications preferred
- Ability to multitask and work well collectively in a fast-paced environment
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail