The Halle Foundation/AICGS Internship Program offers paid internships to undergraduate and graduate students in the spring, summer, and fall semesters. Halle Foundation/AICGS internships provide a professional and educational experience in a not-for-profit think-tank that works to build a stronger German-American partnership.
The deadline to apply for the summer cohort is April 1, 2022.
- Research issues on transatlantic relations and, under the mentorship of a senior staff member, write an article for the AICGS website.
- Conduct research for fellows and staff on a variety of topics within the three program areas.
- Compile weekly briefs on transatlantic media, defense, and immigration.
- Assist with the Institute’s social media presence and marketing strategy, including drafting social media posts, brainstorming outreach ideas, and posting to the AICGS website.
- Identify potential partnerships between the Institute and private firms and grant-giving organizations.
- Assist in logistical and programmatic support for upcoming meetings, events, and the Institute’s annual gala, at which it presents the Global Leadership Award.
- Undergraduate or graduate student interested in transatlantic relations and Europe/Germany. (Applicants should have completed the equivalent of four semesters of college coursework by the time they begin an internship.)
- Strong writing and research skills
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills, and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office suite, social media, online research)
- German language skills preferred but not required
For more information and to apply, click here.