The Democratic staff of the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, Subcommittee on Government Operations, is seeking an energetic and self-motivated graduate or law school student for a full-time internship for Summer
2022. The position offers the opportunity to gain substantive experience on an exciting and fast-paced Subcommittee, while participating directly in the oversight process and learning about the day-to-day operations of the House of Representatives.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Assisting staff in preparing for congressional hearings
- Writing floor speeches
- Conducting legal and factual research
- Drafting memoranda
- Attending various briefings and meetings with the Executive Branch and private sector officials.
- Currently enrolled in a graduate or law program
- Should have (i) an interest in public service and (ii) a
desire to learn.
- Must have superior attention to detail
- Work well under pressure
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Applicants should be willing to be in the office full time.
Interested applicants should apply to this position by emailing their resume and cover letter in one PDF titled “last name, first name, Spring 2022 GovOps” to GovOpsSubcommittee@gmail.com with “Spring 2022 Internship
Application” in the subject line. No phone calls or drop-ins, please. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will receive a response.