Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to research that will equip policymakers with the knowledge necessary to reduce global poverty. IPA is currently seeking applicants for their Summer 2022 Peace & Recovery (P&R) program internship. Interns will join the P&R team and work alongside professionals on developing, and implementing research on programs to reduce violence, build peace, and support recovery from conflict or disasters. This intern will be expected to work between 20 and 40 hours per week, depending on availability and interest. The pay rate is $15/hour, and the internship will be located onsite in New York, NY.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and early application is encouraged.
- Streamlining of the Peace & Recovery Competitive Fund’s portfolio tracking, including learning opportunities related to information management (e.g. Salesforce)
- Literature reviews on the state of research in the field
- Fundraising and policy outreach activities
- Supporting the program’s external communications (e.g. website, Twitter, etc.)
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Currently pursuing or a recent graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in political science, peace and conflict, international affairs, public policy, economics, or a related field
- Understanding of the peace and conflict literature and policy environment desired
- Ability to closely read, understand, and succinctly summarize rigorous social science research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
For more information and to apply, click here.