InterAction’s Executive Office is seeking applications for a paid internship position for Summer 2022. Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in a robust professional development program that includes workshops, training, and educational opportunities. We anticipate the internship lasting from June through August with flexible start and end dates. The Executive Office Intern will support the work of the Executive Office, becoming part of a small but dynamic team that leads programmatic efforts for CEOs in our network, works with our Board of Directors, and supports executive-level leadership across this sector. This will be a paid internship running for 10-12 weeks for 20 hours/week with a wage of $15.20 an hour. Interns must be located in (have an address in) DC, Maryland, or Virginia, and have the right to work in the US. At the moment InterAction is operating in a hybrid format.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but those submitted before May 6th will get priority.
- Support follow-up, planning, and preparation for the InterAction June and September 2022 Board meetings and other meetings and events as needed.
- If schedules allow, support preparation for, implementation of, and follow up from the CEO Retreat and CEO track of Forum 2022, an annual convening of our sector taking place June 15 and 16 in Washington DC.
- Conduct research and draft briefs, user-friendly educational content, and other materials on topics the Executive Office is working on or hoping to grow into, including:
- Key issues in the changing international NGO operating environment
- Field scanning approaches and tensions relating to the shift to localization in international development
- Evolving dynamics of funding in the international development sector
- Building, expanding and measuring Board diversity
- Organizational agility best practices
- Shifting culture and practices post-COVID-19
- Other projects that may emerge.
- Opportunities to support InterAction Fellows in their projects (oral history of the international development sector, research on the future of small non-profits, etc.).
- Support of InterAction CEO, Executive Office, NGO Futures, and InterAction fellows as needed.
- Donor Research.
- Basic administrative functions include scheduling some external events for the Executive Director and supporting events and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The successful candidate should be a self-starter, organized, personable, and adaptable.
- Available to work approximately 20 hours per week for a minimum of a 10-week commitment.
- Recent graduates or those currently enrolled in an undergraduate (juniors or seniors) or graduate program in international relations, humanitarian action, NGO management, or another related field.
- Solid administrative, writing, editing, and research skills with strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with basic data analysis and methods, including the use of survey tools like Survey Monkey.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and internet search engines (and commitment to learning tech skills as needed).
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to work independently and collaboratively and to take initiative to ask questions as needed.
- Strong interest in and understanding of international development and/or NGOs preferred.
- Commitment to InterAction’s mission and values.
For more information and to apply, click here.