The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking applicants to join their Economic Empowerment team as interns. The Economic Empowerment Program works to provide resources to new immigrants as they transition to life in the US, and help them on the path towards self-sufficiency. This internship will begin May 1, 2022, and will last 4 months, operating out of Elizabeth, NJ.
Applications for this opportunity will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Conduct eligibility assessments and intake interviews with new clients
- Help clients complete applications for public benefits and other forms of assistance
- Research and compile up-to-date lists of community resources such as food banks, clothing drives, and pro bono legal consultations
- Write letters, referrals, and other essential documents
- Bachelors in a related subject (Social Work, International Relations, Criminal Justice, Education, Legal Studies, etc.) preferred; or, currently enrolled in the program; or previous social services provision experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel desired
- Experience providing direct client services (customer service, tutoring, etc.) desired
- Fluency in Haitian Creole is highly desired; proficiency in Haitian Creole is required; proficiency in Spanish is an asset
- Experience working with the Haitian population is highly desired
For more information and to apply, click here.