SLS is offering an internship will RCE Greater Atlanta. RCE Greater Atlanta is a United Nations-affiliated regional sustainability education network that brings together universities and colleges from across the Greater Atlanta region with nonprofit, community, government, and business partners to advance the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals through education and training. Starting in Summer 2022, the network will hire part-time undergraduate fellows to work as part of a cross-institutional network coordination team. Fellows will work as a team under the guidance of a graduate fellow based in GT Serve-Learn-Sustain. Each fellow will be based at their home institution and will be supervised by a staff member from that institution. Fellows and staff will be part of the Coordinating Council that will meet a few times a year to review and continually improve network coordination and youth engagement. Fellows hired over the summer might have the opportunity to continue working with the network during the academic year.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is April 15, 2022.
Responsibilities will be shared amongst all fellows.
- Manage or assist with carrying out one or more core network functions, such as membership
- Maintaining strong ties with the Global RCE Network; strengthening relationships/connections among members, Action Groups, and projects (“network weaving”)
- Marketing & Communications
- Identify units and student groups on your campus that might have an interest in the SDGs and the RCE and create and carry out efforts to engage them in the network
- Develop and coordinate a College Student Engagement strategy that positions the RCE network to add significant value to student’s college education and experience
Fellows will also be expected to actively engage in at least one ongoing RCE project, initiative, or activity, outside of their fellowship hours. We are looking to hire students who are excited to be part of the network.
To learn more about RCEs in GA, click here.
To apply, click here.