The Smart Community Corps (SCC) is the first statewide program of its kind for civic-minded students to gain hands-on smart city experience. Working as a summer cohort and in community pairs, interns are placed into project sites to support innovative work that is dedicated to creating livable and equitable communities. Interns will be paid a competitive full-time, competitive summer stipend. The Smart Community Corps internship is a joint collaboration with Georgia Tech’s Serve-Learn-Sustain (SLS) initiative and university career centers around the state. Through our partnership with SLS, summer interns will participate in weekly programming and educational seminars that introduce students to theories of grassroots sustainability/innovation, as well as career development, writing, and mentorship.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is February 28, 2022.
- Must be a student at a Georgia college or university (public or private); can be an undergraduate or graduate-level student of any major
- Available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during Summer (May 16th – August 5th)
- Interns are responsible for their own housing, travel, and living, expenses for the duration of the summer; must have reliable transportation to get to/from work
- Must take part in the SLS seminar that meets virtually once a week in the evenings
- introduces theories of grassroots sustainability, innovation, and provides students with an opportunity to reflect on their internship experiences
- A civic-minded student interested in working to support innovative projects dedicated to
creating livable and equitable communities
- Demonstrated interest/experience in community service
- Skills align with project needs/requirements
For more information and to apply, click here.