SLS seeks to provide our partners with support and resources, while providing our students with practical experience in supporting solutions for sustainable communities. The Sustainable Communities Internship program is offered every summer and is an opportunity for students looking to gain real-world experience related to sustainability and community engagement. Summer interns will earn internship course audit credit., and can choose between a part-time (15-20 hours per week) or full-time (30-40 hours per week) internship. The Sustainable Communities Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program (mid-May to mid-August). Students interested in a part-time internship for the fall or spring semesters can contact SLS and we will work with them to identify partners who may be interested in hosting an intern during the school year.
Summer Interns will receive a stipend of $3000 for a part-time internship and $6000 for a full-time internship. Internships also provide course audit credit for our students, via internship registration in Career Buzz, through our partnership with the Career Center.
- Be enrolled full-time at Georgia Tech
- Be in good academic standing
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above
- Have reliable transportation to and from internship site (MARTA is recommended)
- Write one SLS Reflection to be posted on the SLS Reflection blog
Internship Host Requirements
- Submit a project request (see Internship Project Submission below)
- Set internship goals with the SLS intern
- Actively supervise the SLS intern on a daily basis
- Attend the opening and closing intern summer seminar sessions (early May and early August)
- Complete the Georgia Tech evaluation requirements for the student intern
For more info & to apply: click here
DEADLINE TO APPLY: FEBRUARY 8TH