The IDA Summer Associate Program provides students unique opportunity to use their quantitative and analytic skills to work on challenging real-world national security issues. The Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) is a not-for-profit corporation that operates Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs).
Each year, IDA hires paid student associates at its Virginia and Washington, DC facilities to work for a minimum of 10 weeks during the summer months. Associates will work with their supervisor to identify their start and end dates. If their academic calendar permits, associates must be present during the 8 week core period, which runs from the beginning of June to the end of July. However, we offer flexibility for associates to start sooner or later depending on their availability. An additional 2 weeks (or more) either before or after the core period is required for a complete 10 week internship. In some cases opportunities exist for associates to work a few weeks longer than the 10-week minimum.
We seek highly qualified students with strong academic backgrounds. Our preference for the program is graduate students, but we will consider undergraduates who are rising seniors. In either case, students must be returning to an academic institution in the fall to continue their educational pursuits.
Application Deadline: January 17, 2023
Research Divisions Located in Alexandria, VA
- Cost Analysis and Research Division
- Information Technology and Systems Division
- Intelligence Analyses Division
- Joint Advanced War-fighting Division
- Operational Evaluation Division
- System Evaluation Division
- Science and Technology Division
- Strategy, Forces and Resources Division
- U.S Citizenship
- Ability to maintain and obtain security clearance and criminal background check
- Submit resume and transcript
Learn more and apply at: https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INSTITUTEDA&cws=39&rid=2652