The New Jersey League of Conservation Voters is a non-partisan group that aims to be a statewide voice for the environment. They work as advocates for strong environmental policy and support their environmental justice partners in pursuing more equitable policies and hold their elected officials accountable during the legislative session. NJLC is seeking a part-time Fundraising and Communications Intern to support the development, media, and digital departments during the Summer and Fall of 2021. The Intern will be integral to the organization’s efforts to research, manage, and cultivate donors and members, as well as to their efforts to reach new audiences online and through the media.
At the moment this opportunity is remote but may switch to in-person in the future, so applicants should have access to reliable transportation as well as the technology required to work remotely. Interns will work part-time and be paid a $15 hourly wage.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Assist Development Director with a major donor, foundation, and corporate prospect research
- Prepare materials for meetings with current and prospective funders
- Help maintain a database of donors and prospects, including regular data entry and cleanup
- Assist in planning and executing fundraising and other donor events
- Assist with mailings and gift acknowledgment, including drafting correspondence
- Update media lists and monitor media mentions
- Research media contacts and conduct outreach for some of the state public affairs shows on TV and radio
- Research and draft opinion articles, news releases, letters to the editor, media statements, social media posts, and email campaign content on environmental and environmental justice topics
- Conduct research for digital advocacy campaigns, including identifying appropriate hashtags and social media influencers
- Assist in tracking email engagement
- Identify and develop social media campaigns in partnership with organizations across the state
- Monitor and record social media stats across platforms and campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Personable, dependable team player
- Ability to work efficiently, accurately, and collaboratively, and to manage short and long-term deadlines
- Ability to work remotely using your own phone and computer
- Familiarity with social media platforms, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, and design programs
- Commitment to environmental conservation or interest in political work preferred
For more information and to apply, click here.