The United Nations Global Compact is offering Summer and Fall 2021 internship opportunities with its New York office. The United Nations Global Compact Office is the entity responsible for the overall management and coordination of the Global Compact initiative, including the management of the Global Compact’s name and logo, and the Global Compact Integrity Measures.
The Summer Internships begin in June/July 2021, and the Fall Internships begin in September/October.
Applications for the summer will be accepted until the position is filled. The deadline to apply for the fall is October 19, 2021.
Internship opportunities are available in the following teams:
- Global Operations
- Principles for Responsible Management Education
- Communications and Media
- Participant Outreach and Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Strategic Events
- Partnerships and UN relations
- Intergovernmental Relations and Africa
Under the supervision of a Programme Officer of the United Nations Global Compact and depending on their level of experience and training, the UN Global Compact interns will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Conduct research relating to the topic of corporate sustainability.
- Draft and edit publications, papers, and other documents.
- Liaise with Global Compact stakeholders on key corporate sustainability topics.
- Support the organization of meetings and events.
- Assist with outreach activities.
- Handle emails and other inquiries.
- Perform administrative tasks, as required
- Meet one of the following education requirements:
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or,
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Computer literate in standard software applications, including Excel.
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and have demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes a willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Educational background or exposure to political science, history, international relations, cooperate sustainability, law, public administration, or related fields is desirable.
For more information and to apply, click here.