The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars is looking for candidates for its research assistant internship for the summer and fall 2021 semesters. Interns will work approximately 12-15 hours per week assisting with a Wilson Scholar’s research endeavor. In addition to assisting with their scholars’ research projects, interns have the opportunity to network with experts in their chosen fields, attend events on relevant topics, and explore how research and public policy intertwine in Washington. This internship can be completed for academic credit.
The deadline to apply for the summer semester is March 31, 2021.
The deadline to apply for the fall semester is July 15, 2021.
Note: The above deadlines are priority deadlines. Applications will still be accepted on a rolling basis until all spots are filled.
Program activities will include:
- Researching issues of contemporary public policy or topics that provide the historical context behind today’s pressing policy debates using Wilson Center Resources
- Proofreading and editing the works of scholars
- Compiling bibliographies
- Writing literature reviews
- Summarizing research materials
- Open to highly qualified undergraduate and graduate students
- Applicants must be current students or recent graduates or have been accepted into an advanced degree program
- International students studying within the United States are eligible for this opportunity if they hold a valid F-1 or J-1 visa and appropriate work authorization.
- All international students must obtain written permission from their Designated School Official or Responsible Officer for visas at their university stating that they are in valid immigration status and eligible to do an internship at the Center.
- Foreign language skills are often useful and should be noted in your application
For more information and to apply, click here.