The OECD Internship Programme has been designed to bring highly qualified and motivated students with diverse backgrounds into the Organisation to work on projects linked to the Strategic Orientations of the Secretary-General. Its main goal is to give to successful candidates an opportunity to improve their analytical and technical skills as well as the experience to work in a truly international environment.
These internships are open for full time students who:
- are enrolled in the field of economics or in another discipline related to the work of the OECD (social affairs, trade, agriculture, development, education, employment, environment, finance, fiscal affairs and statistics, amongst others);
- master English or French and have the capability of drafting in one of these languages; a knowledge of the other language would definitely be an advantage, as would knowledge of other languages used at the OECD;
- are capable of working in a team in a multicultural and international environment.
Possible areas involved – for full information on OECD areas of work click here
- Economics (Macroeconomics and Microeconomics)
- Tax Policy and Administration
- Development Co-operation
- Science, Technology and Industry
- Financial and Enterprise Affairs
- Employment, Labour and Social Affairs
- Trade and Agriculture
- Public Governance and Territorial Development
- Corporate operative services, such as Budget and Finance, Communications & PR, Information Technology, Human Resources among others
Some examples of work entrusted to interns
- Participation in study preparation and documents in the fields relevant to the competence of the Directorate concerned.
- Documental research and analysis of existing work.
- Gather, organise and evaluate statistical information.
- Establish notes and participate in the drafting of reports.
Up to six months. Please make sure your availability clearly appears in your cover letter. Full-time programme (40h per week).
Learn more at http://www.oecd.org/careers/internshipprogramme.htm.